Townley Water Authority
- Establishing a new account with Townley Water Authority: New customers will need to come to the Townley Water Authority Office to fill out a water user agreement. You will be required to present a photo ID and proof of a Social Security number, a rental agreement or proof of ownership. There is a one hundred ($100.00) non-refundable Account Activation fee.
- Rate: A minimum amount of $25.28 plus tax for the 2,000 gallons will be charged notwithstanding usage. After the first 2,000 gallons, the customer will be charges $6.02 per 1,000 gallons per month over the minimum amount. The Townley Water Authority reserves the right to amend its rate for water usage and services and apply the amended rates immediately.
- Statement & Payment: The Townley Water Authority will mail a monthly statement showing the amount due to the customer at the address on file. Townley Water will not be responsible for the statement’s delivery to or receipt by the customer. The customer may pay his statement by mail, visiting the Townley Water’s office during business hours or after hours in the night depository, also by logging on to the Townley Water Authority’s website. Online customer fees will be applied.
- Late payment & Late Fees: Any statement charges not paid by the nineteenth (19th) becomes delinquent and will be assessed a late payment charge of ten percent (10%) of the amount of the charges. If past due charges are still outstanding by the fifth (5th) day of the month a $50.00 fee will be charged to your account. In addition the service is subject to be disconnected until all charges are paid. All balances including fees must be paid no later than 4:00 pm in order for services to be restored the same day. Any account that remains unpaid by the next billing cycle will result in the account being closed. To have the service re-opened/re-connected an account activation fee will be required and any unpaid balance must be paid in full. If you pay online or in the after hour’s payment slot, it is the customers responsibility to contact the office to insure reinstatement of services. Please be aware that the due date of the 19th appears on your statement each month for the current month charges. If you receive a statement with a balance forward from the previous month that bill is delinquent and is due immediately.
- Plumbing Restrictions: The following plumbing practices are prohibited:
- One (1) dwelling per meter. Water Meters cannot be shared with other dwellings of families. An RV, camper or mobile home shall constitute as multiple dwellings and requires their own meter. No exceptions!
- No direct connection between the public drinking water supply and a potential source of contamination is permitted. Potential sources of contamination will be isolated from the public water system by an air-gap or another appropriate backflow prevention device.
- No cross connection which allows water to be returned to the public drinking water supply and a private water system is permitted.
- No connection which allows the water to be returned to the public drinking water supply is permitted.
- No connection which allows the water to bypass the Townley Water Authority’s meter.
- Survey, Investigations & Maintenance: The property and any structure on the property will be open at all reasonable times to the Townley Water’s authorized representatives for the conduction of surveys and investigations of water use practices within the Customer’s premises. Also, Townley Water reserves the right to transgress on the property for the purpose of installing, maintaining, repairing or removing meters, boxes, lines or any other TWA-owned materials or equipment.
- Obligation to furnish services: The Townley Water Authority is under no obligation to furnish water service to the lot, property, premises and/or parcel unless the customer pays all bills as they become due; and the Townley Water Authority may at any time discontinue services to the Customer if he/she is indebted to Townley Water. Also if the Customer has any other debts and/or obligations for past services on any other property the Townley Water Authority is under no obligation to furnish water services to the property.
- Collection and Attorney’s Fees: In the event that the Townley Water Authority has to retain a collection agency or take legal action in regards to this agreement, the Customer will be responsible for all of the Townley Water Authority’s collection and attorney fees, expenses and court cost plus any other amounts a court may order.